New Braunfels , Texas
Last Day to Apply: June 30, 2019
As a Cancellations Clerk, you're one of the most important team members in the accounting office at Bluebonnet Chrysler Dodge. You will be responsible for efficiently processing all cancellation-related paperwork associated with the purchase and sale of new and used vehicles, ensuring timely and accurate completion and communication. You will also assist accounts payable with daily duties and reconciliations.
We're looking for a Cancellations Clerk with automotive experience and a customer service approach to daily responsibilities. Your work is key to ensuring operational effectiveness and business flow in the accounting department. This role is a great entry point into your career with us!
1.Processes/logs cancellations and sends out weekly/monthly reports to management.
2.Performs account reconciliations.
3. Handle miscellaneous clerical tasks as assigned.
4. Assist accounts payable with tasks assigned by manager.
5. Refer all issues not covered by instructions to manager.
5. Maintains a professional appearance and work ethic and a neat work area.
6. Fully coordinate and communicate work with appropriate associates at Bluebonnet Chrysler Dodge.
7. Coordinate lists for file retention.
8. Reconcile schedules and GC accounts as assigned by Office Manager and Assistant Office Manager; maintain assigned accounting schedules.
9. Fill in for other accounting personnel in their absence.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
(For optimum performance, the jobholder in this position would be expected to demonstrate appropriate knowledge, skills, and abilities in the listed areas.)
1. Demonstrate good administration and coordination skills.
2. Demonstrate basic accounting skills and knowledge of routine accounting functions.
3. Demonstrate good computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and various management systems.
4. Demonstrate 10-key by touch skills.
5. Demonstrate the ability to provide exceptional customer service.
6. Is able to follow detailed instructions and multi-task if necessary.
7. Is able to support change.
8. Is able to communicate effectively – orally and in writing.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); plus one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Experience in automotive industry preferred, knowledge of CDK or Reynolds&Reynolds is a plus.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Is legally able to work in the United States.