Accounts Payable Clerk
San Antonio, Texas
Last Day to Apply: June 20, 2019
Under the leadership of the Office Manager, the Accounts Payable Clerk will support the process to satisfy customer demands for Lexus and other vehicles by providing excellent administrative services to customers that exceed their expectations. The Clerk will post and pay the bills of the 2 dealerships. The Clerk also will take action to enhance cross-functional coordination and expand internal communications at North Park.
1. Get appropriate approvals to post and pay invoices.
2. Reconcile statements, schedules, accrual accounts, and pay bills.
3. Ensure the office space is kept neat and clean at all times.
4. Fully coordinate and communicate work with appropriate associates at North Park Lexus.
5. Maintain petty cash.
6. Handle all related functions for payables.
7. Respond promptly to inquiries.
8. Be familiar with Sales Tax laws.
9. Be familiar with 1099 regulations and procedures.
10. Handle all other requested projects and additional duties as requested by Office Manager.
11. Perform basic and routine accounting functions. Compare codes and numbers on similar and repetitive accounting documents, verify mathematical accuracy, identify discrepancies, and notify supervisor of discrepancies.
12. Refer all issues not covered by instructions to manager.
None. May participate in or support project and process improvement teams.
Carries out responsibilities in accordance with North Park Lexus policies, Lexus operating standards, and applicable federal and state laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
(For optimum performance, the jobholder in this position would be expected to demonstrate appropriate knowledge, skills, and abilities in the listed areas.)
1. Demonstrate good administration and coordination skills.
2. Demonstrate basic accounting skills and knowledge of routine accounting functions.
3. Demonstrate good computer skills and a working knowledge of North Park Lexus computer systems.
4. Demonstrate 10-key by touch skills.
5. Demonstrate the ability to provide exceptional customer service.
6. Is able to follow detailed instructions.
7. Is able to support change.
8. Is able to communicate effectively – orally and in writing.
9. Understand North Park Lexus productivity measurements.
(The following measurement methods are intended to provide the jobholder with a sound basis for assessing the performance of the jobholder in this position.)
Percent of Self-Development Tasks achieved.
1. Number of invoices processed.
2. Accuracy in recording expenses.
3. Number of payments processed in prompt and timely manner.
Satisfaction of management with services provided.
Education and/or Experience:
Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Is legally able to work in the United States.