Automotive Painter - Full Time
San Antonio, Texas
Last Day to Apply: June 30, 2019
North Park Lincoln is looking for a Make Ready Painter. The applicant must be self-motivated, reliable, attention to detail, and capable of working with a sense of urgency.
1. Repaint assigned vehicles.
· Inspect vehicles to ensure it is properly prepared for repainting or two-tone painting
· Prepare paint.
· Repaint vehicles to factory standards inside safe paint booths.
· Check completed work to ensure it meets quality standards.
· Report all mismatches and paint defects to management.
2. Maintain and properly safeguard all shop painting tools and equipment.
3. Work safely.
· Comply with all safety rules particularly those dealing with working in confined spaces or in service pits.
· Maintain a clean, neat, and safe storage room, mixing room, and working area.
· Use shop equipment and tools safely.
· Wear required personal protective equipment: breathing apparatus, clothing, footwear, gloves, masks, safety glasses, etc.
· Dispose of paints, paint containers, and any hazardous wastes properly.
4. Report all accidents immediately.
5. Assist other associates as needed and/or directed by management.
(For optimum performance, the jobholder in this position would be expected to demonstrate appropriate knowledge, skills, and abilities in the listed areas.)
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); plus two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1. Demonstrate painting skills.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of painting practices and techniques.
3. Demonstrate proper use of personal protective equipment.
4. Is able to read and understand Material Safety Data Sheets for products used in processing.
5. Is able to communicate effectively – orally and in writing.
6. Understand Body Shop productivity measurements.