San Antonio, Texas
Last Day to Apply: August 31, 2019
Job Purpose: To receive cash from customers and employees in payment for goods and services and records the amount received in an accurate manner. The cashier is the last contact with the dealership and therefore, must represent the dealership in a friendly, professional manner. The cashier provides assistance to the accounting office as directed on an individual task basis.
- Calculate the customer’s bill using the dealership’s computer system.
- Receive cash, checks and credit card payments from customers and record the amount received on the repair order and/or counter ticket.
- All personal checks are to be guaranteed. Any checks failing to guarantee must be approved by management.
- Make change accurately and issue receipts to customers. Have every repair order signed by the customer at time of payment.
- Ascertain and record totals of counter tickets and repair orders and verify against all cash, checks and credit card payments on hand at end of shift.
- Work with department managers to keep abreast of new products and services offered by the dealership and any changes in price.
- Refer customers who have additional questions (e.g. questions about their repair order) to the service advisor or other appropriate individual.
- Handle customer complaints with integrity and poise and take or refer the complaining customer to the appropriate individual for further communication.
- Give cash refunds accurately to customers for approved returned merchandise.
- Maintain service files timely.
- Perform receptionist duties as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
- Demonstrated superior customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and handle several phone calls at once
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Basic skills with computer and other office machines (copier, credit card machine, telephone, adding machine) necessary to perform the cashiering/clerical duties.
- Professional personal appearance.
- Ability to work well with customers and present a friendly, helpful attitude at all times.
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA
- All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner
- All applicants must be able to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, drug test, credit report, and valid driver license
Benefits include medical and dental insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, Vacation time, holiday and sick leave, company paid continuing education and training. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote