The Clerk, Warranty under the leadership of the Administrator, Service Department will support the process to satisfy customer demands for Lexus and other vehicles by providing parts and services to customers that will exceed their expectations. The Clerk will 1) process and submit warranty claims and 2) develop and maintain excellent business relations with customers. The Clerk also will take action to enhance cross-functional coordination and expand internal communications at WSL.
1. Process claims for factory warranty, extended warranty, and pre-owned certified warranty according to Lexus and WSL guidelines.
· Prepare paperwork and correspondence related to claims. Code; record part number, trouble code, condition, and the cause for each claim. Add remedy notations from repair orders.
· Review the labor flag hours and edit all repair orders.
· Manage warranty claims journal.
· Oversee accounting schedules.
· Approve and supervise the scrapping of warranty parts.
· Obtain “Goodwill Authorizations” from manufacturer’s District Parts & Service Manager each week.
2. Approve and maintain “Self Authorizing Dealer” system for dealership.
3. Manage the warranty “Exchange Component Program” with dealership and vendors (Motorola, etc.).
4. Package and ship, as required, warranty parts to Lexus and other manufacturers.
5. Provide exceptional service to customers. Solve customer problems.
6. Provide warranty and technical service information to all technical associates.
· Updates in warranties.
· Changes in documentation procedures for claims.
7. Assist the administrative, parts, and service managers on special projects.
8. Ensure the office space is kept neat and clean at all times.
9. Fully coordinate and communicate work with appropriate associates at WSL and with warranty managers at Lexus and other manufacturers and suppliers.
None. May participate in or support project and process improvement teams.
Carries out responsibilities in accordance with WSL policies, Lexus operating standards, and applicable federal and state laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
(For optimum performance, the jobholder in this position would be expected to demonstrate appropriate knowledge, skills, and abilities in the listed areas.)
1. Demonstrate excellent administrative, organizational, and coordination skills.
2. Demonstrate technical knowledge of vehicles.
3. Demonstrate working knowledge of Lexus and WSL warranty programs, practices and techniques.
4. Demonstrate excellent computer skills and a working knowledge of WSL computer systems.
5. Demonstrate the ability to deal courteously and effectively with diverse customers regardless of their age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, handicap, dress, or demeanor and provide exceptional customer service.
6. Is able to read and understand Material Safety Data Sheets for products used in processing.
7. Is able to support change.
8. Is able to communicate effectively – orally and in writing.
9. Understand Lexus and WSL productivity measurements.
(The following measurement methods are intended to provide the jobholder with a sound basis for assessing the performance of the jobholder in this position.)
Percent of Self-Development Tasks achieved.
1. Gross value of warranty paid for parts (Monthly and YTD).
2. Gross value of warranty paid for labor (Monthly and YTD).
3. Internal quality control scores for processing and quality.
1. Satisfaction of management and customers warranty paid.
2. Satisfaction of management with warranty recovered..
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); plus one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Is legally able to work in the United States.